I am a busy mommy of two girls and one very lucky wife. (Really! My husband is gorgeous and an incredible father and partner.) I have been teaching for 9 years and it is definitely my passion. I try to balance spending as much time as possible with my two girls and always doing my best for my sweet kindergarten students. I have a passion for creating resources and sharing them with other educators. Here’s ten random facts about me!
- My B.A. is in Communication Studies with an emphasis in radio, television, and film. What?? I worked as an intern at Talk of the Town at newschannel5.com and fell in love with a “magazine” type show. Later I worked as the weekend editor at WBIR in Knoxville. I enjoyed my work but was ready to move back to my forever home in small town Tennessee. I cohosted a live local morning show as I figured out what to do next.
- A mission trip convinced me that I wanted to be a teacher. My older sister and Dad were setting up free medical clinics in Guatemala with a group called Word of Life. I tagged along not really knowing how I could help. I had never felt more happy and at peace then when I was standing there in 126 degree weather with kids hanging all over me trying to entertain them. I knew I had to work with children so I pursued my Masters of Education in Instructional Leadership.
- I work at the school that I attended. I absolutely love Westwood. It holds a special place in my heart because I went to school here. Many of my former teachers were still here when I started teaching and nine years later there are still several here. It is the best elementary school… I’m convinced of it!
- I’m a vegetarian because of factory farming. I love animals and just couldn’t continue eating them. I’ve recently had to go vegan since I’m still breastfeeding and my daughter has a milk/egg allergy.
- My husband is 3 years younger than me and the sweetest man in the world. I always dated older guys until I found him. I must be immature! 😉
- I have 9 brothers and sisters. I love being from a huge family. Something is always happening!
- My passion is travelling. Some of the countries I’ve been to include Jamaica, Canada, Guatemala, England, France, Kenya, and Honduras. I have many more countries on my bucket list.
- My dad was on the Montel Williams show for a makeover. One of his patients nominated him. I never knew how country I sounded until they played a clip of me saying, “Look Dad! Our hair is the same length!”
- Speaking of my dad, he is Canadian, which makes me half Canadian. You would never know that from my Southern accent!
- My grandma was my hero. I strive to be more like her every day. She loved Jesus and life. She was a prayer warrior and I could happily sit and talk to her for hours on hours.I miss her every single day.
Thanks for stopping by my little blog!